Easy Yummy Recipes

These recipes are safe for people who suffer from intestinal disorders but delicious enough for anyone to eat.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012


Carrot  & Chickpea Soup
I had my wisdom teeth pulled out this week.  In anticipation of week of eating no solids, I concocted this delicious soup to help me have a nutritious meal so that I could keep up with my protein and vegetables.

You Will Need:
1 can of chickpeas
1 lb. of baby carrots
1 plum tomato diced
3 tablespoons of bullion
1 tablespoon of kosher salt
Water

1.  Drain and rinse chickpeas and put them into a large stockpot.
2.  Rinse carrots and mix them with the chickpeas and tomatoes
3.  Cover with water until the pot is ½ full
4.  Bring to a boil and then add bullion and salt
5.  Turn down heat and simmer for an hour.
6.  Allow to cool and then puree soup in a blender
7.  Pour back into the soup pot and reheat when you’re ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment